The key responsibilities of the Softball Ulster Media Officer include:
- Work directly with the Chairperson and SU Council to develop the sport of softball in Ulster.
- Take the lead in advertising all SU tournaments, events and league games.
- Manage the SU website, to include: weekly updates on the status of the league; publishing promotional articles; and updating of the league table.
- Manage all SU social media, to include: weekly posts on Facebook and Twitter; engaging with the membership on social media; uploading photographs from SU competitions and events; and sharing SU teams’ posts to promote individual teams and clubs.
- Utilise traditional media to promote the sport of softball in Ulster, to include: local newspapers; community newspapers; magazines; and radio advertisements etc.
- Liaise with the SU and SI Competitions Officers to promote events and tournaments in Ulster.
- Support SU clubs in advertising their teams, events and tournaments.
- Develop and maintain a media release form to circulate to the membership requesting their permission to use their personal data and photographs on the SU website and social media platforms.
- Seek sponsorship opportunities.