Rules and Regulations
The rules for the Softball Ulster League follow the adult co-ed slow pitch softball rules from the following sources (in the order specified). Click on the links below to access the relevant documents.
- Softball Ulster Bylaws and League Rules 2019
- World Baseball Softball Confederation Official Rules of Softball
Essential Umpire Equipment
The items and/or equipment that you shoud bring along to a Softball Ulster League game include:
- Match card and pen.
- A list of the registered players on each team.
- Injury report.
- A copy of the banned bat list or at least know the banned bats.
The home team and home team captain will be responsible for providing the following at all Softball Ulster League matches:
- At least two 12 inch and two 11 inch game balls (as specified in the Softball Ulster Bylaws).
- At least four adult helmets (as specified in the Softball Ulster Bylaws).
- A full set of bases, including a safety first base and pitchers plate.
- A playing field and other facilities, including a letter or email to confirm permission of use.
Match cards should be issued to the teams in order to:
- Record batting orders and carry out a checklist at beginning of the game.
- Record score.
- Record injuries (witness reports should be obtained and injury report filled in).
- Be signed by both captains.
- Match cards should also be emailed to the Softball Ulster Chief Umpire, Competitions Officer and Secretary after every game.
If any issues are raised during a Softball Ulster League match, the umpire should forward these on to the most appropraite member of the Softball Ulster Council. Examples of issues include: