Rules and Regulations
The rules for the Softball Ulster League follow the adult co-ed slow pitch softball rules from the following sources (in the order specified). Click on the links below to access the relevant documents.
- Softball Ulster Bylaws
- Softball Ireland Bylaws
- World Baseball Softball Confederation Official Rules of Softball
Essential Umpire Equipment
The items and/or equipment that you shoud bring along to a Softball Ulster League game include:
- Match card and pen.
- A list of the registered players on each team.
- Injury report.
- A copy of the banned bat list or at least know the banned bats.
- At least two 12 inch and two 11 inch game balls (as specified in the Softball Ulster Bylaws).
- At least four adult helmets (as specified in the Softball Ulster Bylaws).
- A playing field, bases and other facilities.
Match cards should be issued to the teams in order to:
- Record batting orders and carry out a checklist at beginning of the game.
- Record score.
- Record injuries (witness reports should be obtained and injury report filled in).
- Be signed by both captains.
- Match cards should also be emailed to the Softball Ulster Chief Umpire, Competitions Officer and Secretary after every game.
If any issues are raised during a Softball Ulster League match, the umpire should forward these on to the most appropraite member of the Softball Ulster Council. Examples of issues include: