Today (Monday 12th April 2021) all Northern Ireland based softball teams can resume training, up to and including 15 players and coaches. Softball Ulster have worked in conjunction with Softball Ireland to update the Return to Play Protocol for 2021, which all teams are expected to follow in full during this time.
To keep members and their families safe from COVID-19, Softball Ulster require all teams to:
- Follow local Government advice regarding COVID-19 exposure and contact tracing
- Follow the Softball Ireland Return to Play Protocol
- Limit the number of individuals at training sessions to 15 maximum as per current local Government restrictions
- Ensure all players complete a symptom assessment prior to all training sessions
- Have a nominated COVID-19 Officer who will collect contact tracing data for all training sessions
At the present time the NI Executive nor Softball Ireland have provided indicative dates for when games, tournaments and open days can resume. Softball Ulster will update its members when guidance is updated to permit these activities. It is important to note that insurance coverage from Softball Ireland only extends to training sessions at this time – no other activities are covered.