In 2018 the Softball Ulster League consisted of six teams, but the Softball Ulster Council would like to see more teams join the league in 2019. If you are considering setting up a new team in 2019, here are the ways in which Softball Ulster can help you.
- The members of the Softball Ulster Council have a wealth of experience setting up, managing and coaching softball teams, which we are happy to share with anyone wanting to start a new team. All you need to do is contact us at email@example.com and we will give you as much help and advice as you require. We can send representatives along to your inaugural training session to teach coaching skills and techniques to help you get started.
- Softball Ulster strives to provide every new team in the Ulster region with a “Starter Pack” consisting of basic equipment to get you started in your first season. This includes a set of foam bases, gloves, helmets and balls for training and league games.
- The Softball Ulster website has multiple resources to help you on your way to setting up a new team. We recommend that all new teams view the SU Guide to Starting a Softball Team as a starting point. This guide will discuss the organisation and financial practicalities of setting up a new team.
- Also on the Softball Ulster website are the rules for playing softball. Every team will need to know these prior to joining the league. Available on the website are the WBSC Slowpitch Softball Rule Book, the Softball Ulster Constitution, and the Softball Ulster Bylaws (these are the 2018 bylaws as the 2019 bylaws are not yet published).
- As already mentioned, Softball Ulster has six existing teams across five clubs. We are a friendly league and all teams are more than happy to play friendly games to help you and your new team learn the basic rules of softball. Some clubs may also be willing for your team to join them for training, to help you learn the basic coaching techniques.
For more information on the Softball Ulster League teams, their training dates and home grounds, follow the links below: